Re: [LUG] Recovering a cdrom

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> work? Can I dd the cdrom at all? tried and it didn't seem to do anything
> useful just kept reading and generated a large file with nothing in it.

You should be able to dd the device, to create an ISO, and then mount
the ISO via loopback (after fsck if needed).

ddrescue is suppose to try and help. If it doesn't work you are probably
in need of a lower level way of getting to the data on the disk.

Is the format is a regular CD format might be best off sending it to a
professional data recovery firm. You can pay over the odds easily, but
there are some very good small data recovery firms who'll do these
things for 100 GBP or so.