Re: [LUG] (Another rant) [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 06:36, Richard Brown wrote:
> I refer to my previous post and look forward to seeing you hack like mad!

A very easy work around for position:fixed by the way is:

<!--[if version >= 5.5 and version < 7 etc]>
  psotion: absolute;
  left: auto;
  right: auto;
  top: expression((calculate window offset + height - element size) + 'px');
[endif]-->

bit jerkey, but does the job in ie 5.5 + 6.

I can think of just as many hacks in other browsers to get it to support
things that the browser does not yet claim to support (opacity for CSS 3 for
example).

> I can't say whether it is or it isn't but it certainly doesn't comply to any
> standards

Can you tell me which standards it did not at least support as well as it's
competitors at the time it was released?  you said *ANY* standards. I think
you might just be wrong.

you are aware what the major alternative browser was when IE6 came out, right?

look: another unfounded statement against "the evil empire":

 I can't say whether it is or it isn't but it certainly doesn't comply to any
 standards

 ~ Theo