Re: [LUG] (Another rant) [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 06:33, Richard Brown wrote:
> I can't say whether it is or it isn't but it certainly doesn't comply to
> any standards - which means loads of hacks to be done just to make a
> website work in IE. Well not all websites but for position:fixed to work
> you need a hack!

position: fixed is a CSS 2 attribute, you know that, right?

Do you also know the reason for standards existing?

IE6 supported more standards than any of it's major competitors - at the the
it was released, from what i remember.

However, if you want to talk about standards and IE vs Netscape (which have a
very long history), perhaps the discussion should be had with someone who 6
years ago also actively did cross-browser standards based development, as i
seem to get the feeling none of the people contributing to this "MICROSOFT
ARE SO EVIL" thread actually were.

Not to mention of course, the DOJ vs MS, which none of you have interestingly
even mentioned once yet - why on earth not?

 ~ Theo