Re: [LUG] Things which annoy me - scrollwheel, num lock, flash plugin, X

Ben Goodger wrote:

> No. Why do all FreeSoftware&trade; zealots tell everyone to do this? I am
> NOT going to remove Flash and I am NOT going to stop using it. I just
> wanted to know how to make it work.

Contact the vendor and ask for a fixed version.

Hacky hacks are here -- but it is a Macromedia code problem by the looks
of it.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/29760

Eventually GNASH and friends will catch up with where the content you
want is currently -- till then you are largely dependent on how well
Macromedia code handles the format, the answer - not very well at the
moment.