Re: [LUG] Databases

Simon Waters wrote:

> If Knoda is truely agnostic, I'd suggest Postgres, if it turns out that
> in reality lots of people use it with MySQL but don't use the Postgres
> or other database options, I wouldn't struggle to bend it to my will.

BTW I had a play with Knoda, hmm, sort of a Microsoft Access clone, I'm
still trying to decide is it is lacking in features, or if they just
removed all the dross that Access doesn't really need in its interface.
Perhaps a bit of both?!

The query designer tool got my query right first time (I'd already
defined the relationship between the tables), but I couldn't persuade it
to show me the SQL ?!

I didn't really like the appearance of it all, but quickly created the
database I set out to create, and a couple of forms. It crashes a couple
of times, and whilst I can see why it had trouble with these things
(i.e. it didn't crash when I drove it right). The version in SID didn't
like "SQLite 3" as a backend, note to self; check a bug has been files.

I think for people with MS Access withdrawal symptoms only? It did play
happily with Postgres 8.1.