Re: [LUG] OT: Apache2 on windows

> I should clarify that the apache 2, skype and pc anywhere software are all
> installed locally and binding to port 80 on the local network card.
> Apache is not complaining when the service starts about the socket/port
> already being in use. It just seems that whenever the non-apache software
> attempts to communicate using port 80, apache tries to intercept this, gets
> confused and subsequently bails out.

You do realise that you can't have more than one server bound to the
same port?

That shouldn't really cause crashing though.
Whichever server asked for the port first will get it, all others should
return "port in use". They should not still bind to the port that is
already bound to something else. They should not cause the server that
has the port to crash in order to obtain it.

Neither skype nor PC anywhere should be binding to port 80 anyway. The
protocols they use should have their own port designations.