Re: [LUG] OT: Apache2 on windows

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:25:18 +0100, David Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 16:24, Philip Radford wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are currently having an issue with Apache running under
>> Windows crashing when other internet software attempts to use
>> Port 80.
>>

> What do you mean by 'other internet software'?
> if you mean another web server, then it's not possible to have more
> than one application listening to the same port and you'll need to
> change the port Apache or the other web server is using.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> www.david-web.co.uk - My Personal Website
> www.penguincomputing.co.uk - Need a Web Developer?

Hi David,

Apologies by other software I mean software such as Skype, PC Anywhere or any
software that binds or listens to port 80.

We have a freebsd box running apache on port 80 and as you can expect there are no
issues.

But running windows apache on port 80 and then also running software that also
listens to and then sends data using port 80 results in apache crashing and
returning the dreaded "application has shut down - send error report to microsoft"
dialog whenever skype or pc anywhere attempts to talk using port 80.

I was hoping that this was a server configuration issue in the apache configuration
file or as I say simply use another port. I would prefer not to use another port.

Regards
Phil.