Re: [LUG] OT: Apache2 on windows

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Johnson" <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] OT: Apache2 on windows

> On Thursday 01 June 2006 19:19, Philip Radford wrote:
>>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Apologies by other software I mean software such as Skype, PC Anywhere or
>> any software that binds or listens to port 80.
>>

> No client software that connects to port 80 on other machines should
> affect
> Apache at all. I don't think either of those listen on port 80 on the
> local
> machine, although I think Skype can be configured to do so.
>
> Does anything useful appear in Apache's error.log when it crashes?
>
> Regards,
> David.
>

> --
> David Johnson
> www.david-web.co.uk - My Personal Website
> www.penguincomputing.co.uk - Need a Web Developer?
>
> --

Hi David,

I should clarify that the apache 2, skype and pc anywhere software are all
installed locally and binding to port 80 on the local network card.
Apache is not complaining when the service starts about the socket/port
already being in use. It just seems that whenever the non-apache software
attempts to communicate using port 80, apache tries to intercept this, gets
confused and subsequently bails out.

Other than the standard windows xp error report dialog which asks about
sending a report to microsoft.

There is also the following when a php script is run locally at the same
time apache crashes :-

Invalid op code 201/1/8 in C:\booking\tables.php on line 3.

I am assuming that because apache crashed and the php script was still being
executed, it therefore lost its reference to apache which results in this
opcode error.

Regards
Phil.