Re: [LUG] plugins

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:28:22PM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2006 19:07:41 +0100
> Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> My other question is, how do I add plugins to Firefox? The help file
> tells me to click on Edit/Preferences and then on the add-ins button.
> There are no addins listed, and nowhere does it explain how to add
> them.

You need to hunt for the extensions tool bar. I believe this location
varies between windows and linux (not sure). In any event on my machine it
is Tools | extensions

Open that, on the right hand side is a button "find extensions"

Alternatively

-   go to http://addons.mozilla.org
-   Search on google for firefox addons (with the usual caveats about
    running unknown programs)

Henry