Re: [LUG] Buying a digital camera

Robin Cornelius writes:

On 5/15/06, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can get IBM/Fujitsu 6Gig microdrives - mini hard disk) that will fit
flash 2 - I've got a 1Gig in a fuji finepix and still like the "3560
pictures left" on startup - takes good video too.

The CF slots seem to be less popular on cameras now. But you can get CF
cards up to 8Gb without going to microdrive although the price is a bit
steep. Froogling seems to suggest that 4Gb can be picked up from £90

3560 pictures on a 1G card? That dosn't sound like a very high resolution.
At 5 Mega pixel I get around 400 pics on a 512Mb card.

Robin

Well, all depends how much you wanna spend...

I purchased for my offices 2 x Nikon CoolPix P2 cameras... they have WiFi
(which i thought was really cool) and can take up to a 2Gb memory card.. 5.1
Megapix, does the job at around 200 quid.

Linux = Plug in cable, mount device, have images

Windows = Plug in cable, install software, bugger around for an hour or so,
read manual, uninstall software, remove cable, remove registry entrys,
reboot, install software, wait to be asked for cable to be plugged in, plug
cable in, spend a few minutes setting up the application(s) and installing
all of the detritis that are "needed", reboot, fire up software, have images
(in a random place)

Neil Stone

Systems Administrator
FlashTek UK