Re: [LUG] Buying a digital camera

On 5/15/06, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can get IBM/Fujitsu 6Gig microdrives - mini hard disk) that will fit
flash 2 - I've got a 1Gig in a fuji finepix and still like the "3560
pictures left" on startup - takes good video too.

The CF slots seem to be less popular on cameras now. But you can get CF cards up to 8Gb without going to microdrive although the price is a bit steep. Froogling seems to suggest that 4Gb can be picked up from £90

3560 pictures on a 1G card? That dosn't sound like a very high resolution. At 5 Mega pixel I get around 400 pics on a 512Mb card.

Robin