Re: [LUG] Village Broadband

If one has ever been to the BETT conventions, you can't help but notice the money spewing off their area.

I have had the displeasure of working on an RM network, and their helpdesk is (or at least was two years ago) terrible.

Three months ago before subscribing to Sky, we first tried setting up with Telewest.  The salesperson explained they couldn't set us up because they would have to get permission to dig through our neighbors garden.  When I pressed, he gave a number to their engineers to leave a voicemail about getting a Telewest line.  They definitely did not seemed bothered to sign us up if it required anything more than reconnecting wires.

On 5/12/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
dave wrote:

>Telewest/NTL are currently installing fibre links from Plymouth to Newton
>Abbott and Torquay, similar to the work it has already carried out in Exeter
>and Plymouth (Evolved Ethernet they called it). These fibres provide links
>for schools in the area, RM is involved - isn't it always!!!!.
>
>I work installing said links :)
>
>Dave

RM is the educational hardware equivalent to Microsoft!

IIRC they have always been over priced and only offer Microsoft software.

It's about time Telewest/NTL install cable in the areas they missed out,
but I guess there would be the problem that most people who wanted
digital subscription TV would have gone to Sky by now.

Rob

-