From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Henry Bremridge
Sent: 12 May 2006 07:58
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Village Broadband

We are connected to broadband: BT supply at 1 Mb at the moment and ukfsn
are promising 2.5Mb once I change ISP in the near future (not 8 as we
are not close enough to the local box)

However I now discover that "the Government" has laid a fibre-optic
cable to the village edge. I believe with the intention of providing
"broadband" to the local primary school

Two questions

-   Does anyone know where I could go to find out more about the
    capacity of this school broadband, timing, budget etc?

-   Does anyone know of a way in which the village could use the
    fibreoptic cable to improve everyones broadband connection. Cheaply

Many thanks

Henry

-