Re: [LUG] Village Broadband

It's always worth trying the local council. They might be able to advise on this. Thing is, they might turn round and say that it's just for the school since residents in your area can get some sort of broadband, even if it is only 1 to 2Mbit.

I'm guessing the cheapest way of using the fibre would be some sort of wireless mesh network?

Rob

Quoting Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx>:

We are connected to broadband: BT supply at 1 Mb at the moment and ukfsn
are promising 2.5Mb once I change ISP in the near future (not 8 as we
are not close enough to the local box)

However I now discover that "the Government" has laid a fibre-optic
cable to the village edge. I believe with the intention of providing
"broadband" to the local primary school

Two questions

-   Does anyone know where I could go to find out more about the
   capacity of this school broadband, timing, budget etc?

-   Does anyone know of a way in which the village could use the
   fibreoptic cable to improve everyones broadband connection. Cheaply

Many thanks

Henry

-