Re: [LUG] Village Broadband

Henry Bremridge wrote:
We are connected to broadband: BT supply at 1 Mb at the moment and ukfsn
are promising 2.5Mb once I change ISP in the near future (not 8 as we
are not close enough to the local box)

However I now discover that "the Government" has laid a fibre-optic
cable to the village edge. I believe with the intention of providing
"broadband" to the local primary school

Two questions

-   Does anyone know where I could go to find out more about the
    capacity of this school broadband, timing, budget etc?

-   Does anyone know of a way in which the village could use the
fibreoptic cable to improve everyones broadband connection. Cheaply
Many thanks

Henry

Assuming you are in The South West (sorry I don't know your location). The fibre will have been installed (probably by BT) for The South West Grid for Learning (run by RM PLC) and it will be leased for their use only.

James

-