Re: [LUG] Native linux image creation software

On 04/05/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Simon Williams wrote:

> I need something which can make things like nice pretty logos and icons.

Inkscape -- till Xara LX is done.

Even I've made fancy logos in Inkscape, although I wouldn't say it was
stunningly easy, should be easy to someone familiar with the proprietary
equivalents, and who knows the lingo of the graphics world.

I made this in Inkscape.. my first "serious" project. Also check out what can be seen of the Oxygen icon set for KDE - it's awesome and is made in Inkscape as far as I can see. Hopefully there'll also be a new default theme for Qt4 to replace the nausea that is Plastik and thus bring me back from the brink of GNOME from whence I came soon </mutter>

http://81.153.25.11/monotony.png (limited availability due to it being hosted on my desktop, with me lacking a functional server; also my router keeps erasing every NAT rule I make, which annoys me no end.)

Flawless SVG support will make or break Xara LX. I just hope that Xara open-sources the rest of it as soon as they can -- the functionality of Xara X was utterly brilliant and I think it will surpass Inkscape which is really moving far too slowly of late.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382