Re: [LUG] Permisssion denied even to root

Ian bell wrote:
Simon Williams wrote:

Nooooooo! If that drive fails it will take months to get a replacement, with lots of hassle in the meantime.

Some mentioned not getting one from a certain chain that advertises on TV a lot. If he means PC world then he's right about it being over priced or rubbish, but I bought a 250Gb 8Mb cache Samsung drive from them online just a few weeks ago. It actually turned out to be cheaper than buying a decent one off eBay of all things. Ebuyer isn't worth it.

Clearly people's experiences differ. I have purchased from eBuyer for a couple of years and only once had a problem product. It was easy to send back and they refunded my postage too.

Ian

Never had any problems with Ebuyer stuff over a similar period.
Admittedly I only buy "named" equipment, never stuff re-badged
as Ebuyer's own.
The Maxtor drive has survived an 18hr day, 7 day week, for just
over 2 years though it wasn't subjected to arduous use.
Obviously I can't speak for the lastest Maxtor drives.

Keith

-