Re: [LUG] Permisssion denied even to root

The HD finally gave up last night so I'm writing this on the wife's
machine.

Thanks to all for the kind offers and hints on obtaining another
drive but collecting any equipment isn't viable as I'm now living in
a little village on the west coast of Cumbria.
(The local LUG is small and mostly deathly quiet.)

The wife seems remarkably sympathetic and Ebuyer have some
reasonable deals for 20-80G drives so I'll purchase one of them
online.

Thanks again for the offers. The LUG concept typifies the benefits enjoyed by all when the spirit of community abounds.

Keith

-