[LUG] Eclipse Internet billing screwup

Hi folks,

I was just wondering if anynoe on here has had problems with Eclipse
Internet's billing?

I was a customer with Eclipse back in December 2001 up until October
2002.  No problems with the connection as such, but it turns out they
had major billing problems.  I thought the payments were coming off my
ex-wife's credit card, and it according to Eclipse, they weren't.

They have now sent me a bill for £550 from a debt collection agency.

As you can imagine, I'm not happy about this.  I used to have faith in
Eclipse, but after this incident, I have no faith whatsoever.  The debt
collection agency and Eclipse finance department are both no help
whatsoever.  I consider it to be their screw up, and now I'm being
charged £550 for it (including being told that I had a connection with
them for 8 months after I left the house I was living in!).

Rob

-