Re: [LUG] Software Licences

Quoting Peter Lloyd-Jones <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi

As some of you know I have a model railway and I am interested in computer
control .  To that end I use JMRI (Java Model Railway Interface).  As a
moderator on that Yahoo list I have been warned by the author to be ready for
a possible storm, which he does not want to spill out into the group.

The group:

Bob is worried that when our users see

http://righttocreate.blogspot.com/2006/04/write-free-software-pay-203000-to.html
and
http://www.digg.com/technology/Patent_lawyers_tell_free_software_developer_to_pay_$203,000

we could have nastiness (but pro JMRI) spilling over into our site.
I know that the copyright problem is more of a problem (opps)  "over there"
but it could come here.

Peter

Hmm, thats not good.  Has the EFF got involved at all?

Rob

-