Re: [LUG] Software Licences

On Thursday 20 April 2006 8:49 am, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> we could have nastiness (but pro JMRI) spilling over into our site.
> I know that the copyright problem is more of a problem (opps)  "over there"
> but it could come here.
>
> Peter

I have now had confirmation that the patent IS in force in the UK.
http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/patents?csbpub=GB2353228&csbtype=F
Date Filed             23.06.1999
Status                 PATENT IN FORCE
Year of Last Renewal    7

This appears to predate the earliest test release of JRMI Release Notes for
JMRI 1.1.14 test release Date: May 31, 2003 - contrary to the statements on
http://righttocreate.blogspot.com/2006/04/write-free-software-pay-203000-to.html
unless there was a prior release that is no longer listed on the site.
The SF project was Registered : 2001-05-06 22:18

--

Neil Williams