Re: [LUG] Eclipse Internet billing screwup

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,
Hi Rob,

I was just wondering if anynoe on here has had problems with Eclipse Internet's billing?

I was a customer with Eclipse back in December 2001 up until October 2002. No problems with the connection as such, but it turns out they had major billing problems. I thought the payments were coming off my ex-wife's credit card,
Can her credit card company provide records or is that too long ago? Four years so not sure. (I'm assuming you wouldn't keep statements that long... not many people would). Secondly, why have they taken so long to make the claim? They have admitted that it is *their* billing problem, so why are you being held accountable?

I also think they are being overly heavy-handed making their *first* approach to you via a debt collection agency. That makes me think they have more customers to contact than their systems can handle so they've passed it to an outside body.
(including being told that I had a connection with them for 8 months after I left the house I was living in!).
Server logs. They have to prove you connected. When I worked in TS we could get records to show a) when a customer connected, b) what telephone number they connected from. They need to be able to prove to you that your account was used as long as they claim.

If they *can* prove that, and you can prove you were not in residence, then someone else used it after you left.

Kind regards,

Julian