Re: [LUG] Gconf problems on Debian

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> Apr 18 15:47:42 localhost kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Apr 18 15:47:42 localhost kernel: ISOFS: changing to secondary root
> Apr 18 15:48:57 localhost kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Apr 18 15:48:57 localhost kernel: ISOFS: changing to secondary root
> Apr 18 15:49:02 localhost kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Apr 18 15:49:02 localhost kernel: ISOFS: changing to secondary root
> Apr 18 15:49:10 localhost kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Apr 18 15:49:10 localhost kernel: ISOFS: changing to secondary root
> Apr 18 15:49:12 localhost kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Apr 18 15:49:12 localhost kernel: ISOFS: changing to secondary root
>
> Questions:
>
> 1/ Can anyone point me in the right direction
> -   to stop this gconf server starting

Urm you sure you don't want it running?

> -   to stop this ISO 9660 error message (I presume this is because I ran
>     gconftool-2 etc as root as opposed to user)

I'm thinking maybe take the CD out of the CDROM drive? I'm not sure why
you think this is related.

> 2/ I presume that there is no problem if I remove the directory
> $/.gconf/apps/gnumeric? Or would it be better if I removed gnucash,
> removed the directory and then reinstalled it?

Most (all?) of the "~/.gconf" and "~/.gnome" files are created first
time you run the corresponding applications, so you can usually safely
rename them out of the way.

I usually prefer to "add a user" and see if my problems go away logging
into a completely clean account (I also check as that all the processes
my regular user account has are gone after I log out of my graphical
desktop), if the problems do go away it is my config, if they don't it
is the servers config. This sounds especially useful test if you ran
something as root when you didn't mean to.

-