[LUG] Installing LDAP on a server.

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys could help me install LDAP on a server. I'm renting
a server from Texas for my web design company. The hosting system uses
cPanel, and I've just realised how beneficial LDAP could be to me and my
clients!

However, I'm struggling to install/enable LDAP on the server, so the
individual hosting accounts can use it. Could anyone point me in the right
direction, or even tell me how it's done?

I was looking at openLDAP (www.openldap.org) as my primary option. Will I need
to have the ability to run a shell on the server to install and enable LDAP?
Does cPanel come with some sort of LDAP package that I've missed?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
--
Ed Rackham