Re: [LUG] Thunderbird spell check - not working

Henry Bremridge wrote:

You mentioned in your first email that you were using Thunderbird 1.07?
The latest version on mozilla is 1.5... (just checked because I recently
installed it on a keychain)

If you are using Debian Stable and want to upgrade then try
www.backports.org as a source. That is showing version 1.5-3bpo1

There is a ubuntu backports page
http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I'm using Xandros which is Debian based as well. I've been using Thunderbird since v0.8 (I think). Just checked and currently I am using 1.0.7, which I find odd as I updated it *yesterday* via Xandros Networks (apt-get GUI). I expected it to be the latest version, 1.5 as I have in Windows (BTW the spelling update doesn't work there either). I've never got the spelling update to British English to work, despite following all the methods on the website in user and root mode.

Kind regards,

Julian