Re: [LUG] Open Source talk/demo any thoughts please

On 10/03/06, Paul Sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> are Microsoft are providing the grant, and are there any requirements to
> say that this money must be spent on their software, I read a while back
> about a Microsoft donation of computers to mexico, with the strings that
> the users must use MS software (office) and can't use OSS software on
> the donated computers.  Or is the grant being given by someone else.

Its an UK/EU government grant from what I read on the website, and the
goals seem to be to do a IT Plan for 100 businesses and do 'some
training' for 200 IT businesses over the space of 2 years.

I'm afraid I'm rather underwhelmed with how that kind of money is
spent, especially when you compare it to skillswap and whats been
happening in bristol, or the open source centre in birmingham,

A.