Re: [LUG] Open Source talk/demo any thoughts please

are Microsoft are providing the grant, and are there any requirements to say that this money must be spent on their software, I read a while back about a Microsoft donation of computers to mexico, with the strings that the users must use MS software (office) and can't use OSS software on the donated computers. Or is the grant being given by someone else.

Paul

Keith Menadue wrote:

On the 22nd March Microsoft will be at the Maritime Museum Falmouth. They will be supporting lets-profit.org.uk ( I believe they have a £500,000 grant to assist ICT in Cornwall as part of Cornwall Enterprise). The nice people at lets-profit.org.uk have asked if I would talk /demo at a later date about Open Source and I have agreed to this.
They are coming to see me next Wednesday
I would like Linux and Open Source software like Open Office 2.0 to have a significant impact at this future talk I would be very great full and warmly welcome any ideas suggestions etc that might make this Open Source event go with a bang

Best regards

Keith Menadue

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org