Re: [LUG] Re: Apache DNS an resolving both externally and internally

 Thank you - it has been a good read on ip aliasing.

I did solve the problem. It ended up being the internal DNS that I had set up wrong.  I had to add another domain, then add a CNAME record in the internal domain to the newly added external domain.  On top of that, the box I was testing with had an external secondary DNS configured, so even when the *right* settings went on (all other clients resolved fine), I was none the wiser.  My lesson learned on why to not use external dns as a secondary!

With regards to the ip aliasing, the tldp mentions that it is a bad idea to run an external AND internal on the same NIC because of the amount of collissions.  Is that still valid with giga-ether I wonder.