[LUG] GNU/Linux Promotion & Meeting

Hi all,

Meeting Date

Sorry I havent responded to your mails on this group lately, I have been on a training course. I think we should try to set a meeting date in the half term so it will be easier on our younger members who have school commitments during the week.

Promotion Event Date

I dont know what other members feel but perhaps a date during the school holidays (Summer half term break perhaps) would give us maximum impact, maybe ask the schools announce it ?

Promotion Venue

This depends on how big / small the event is going to be. Internet access would be useful, and cafe services area for tea / coffee / soft drinks and biscuits maybe useful.

Technology showcases

Examples:
Voip / Video conferencing (maybe just point to point at venue). eg linphone, gnomemeeting......
OpenOffice
Virtual Learning Environments - Moodle.
TuxPaint

Anyone got some other "must demo" free software technologies they would like to showcase ?

Tom.