Re: [LUG] Not for profit group

paul sutton wrote:

> even if we give them an old
> copy of Linux using kernel 2.4, the community will still support them

I won't. I use 2.4 only where there are hardware support issues with
stock 2.6 kernels, to avoid bespoke kernels.

2.4 belongs on the list of ancient software, not to use, along with
Apache 1, sendmail etc. Sure some people still use them, but they are
archaic by software standards, and best not to start people off down
these routes.

Although I've been known to show people "ifconfig" instead of the much
better "ip", but it is hard to be perfect.