Re: [LUG] Marketing Linux

Hi havent been on for a few days, yes the multimedia stuff is playing dvd,s and windows media files on suse 10 , I should be getting cable broadband next week so should be able to get the fixes from the packman site for suse 10. I think I will have to remove kaffeine that came with suse and download the version from packman with the win32 codecs. I think he also has the decss patch for playing dvd,s.  I have a big book on fedora coming for an xmas present so may put FC4 on my other computer (just inherited a 1.1 ghz celeron from my aunt who after dealing with windoze security woes decided she would go back to her typewriter)
cheers .....happy xmas to all on the list

On 09/12/05, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cia tech wrote:

> Hi Rob , I used a extrnal drive (laptop drive in a caddy) its usb and
> uaually appears on most linux systems. Ive only backed up a fat 32
> partition at the moment but it seems to work ok, It will be
> interesting to try it on a linux partition, I made sure the
> destination partition was big enough I think its ok as long as you do
> this it doesnt probably matter if its a few mb larger. I will check
> out the partition table info you mentioned. thanks for that. my linux
> part is reiserfs suse 10 at the moment. should be cool if I can sort
> out the multimedia stuff hehe. cheers paul (newbie)

I'm sure you'll be fine backing up Linux partitions.  As far as I know,
the majority of the popular filesystems are supported by Partimage.

What multimedia stuff are you trying to sort out?

Rob