Re: [LUG] Mouse not Working

On Friday 02 December 2005 04:38, Simon Waters wrote:
> Is there a pattern. Is it dual boot? If so does it work after a cold
> reboot (i.e. switch off for 5 or more seconds).

I will put a note pad by computer and look for a pattern.  My problem is that
once it is working do not want to switch off!

The machine is duel boot, XP pro works just fine.  I can also choose between
two smps and normal Fedora.  I default into Fedora (smp), so most starts are
cold and no, the mouse does not work.

I know the mouse is good, as it has worked with ME and Mandrake, and does work
with XP.  Its a Microsoft IntelliMouse PS/2 compatibale.

It did work OK with Tiny Linux (For that matter its working now).  (But I am
in single processor mode?).

Thanks Grant,

I will try that also.  (I also liked Mandrake on my old machine, But I
purchased a proper installation for this and I had nothing but problems.  I
think the first problem was it would not update so a lot of the programs were
unstable.  (Try and work the TV, system crash, allways had to tell it to
close down twice, and at least half the time it would then freeze and one
would have to shellout and shutdown as root!).

Thank you very much for the advice, I will play for a few days and report
back.

Peter

PS My suggestion for a mini meet in Horrabridge fell on stony ground!
(Enlightened self interest, some one could have sorted my box).

Peter