Re: [LUG] Wireless LAN (OT?)

Simon Waters wrote:

>Still I'm wondering, has anyone tried surge protectors for between BT
>equipment and their ADSL router, and did it cause any issues?

I'm running my ADSL connection through a Belkin surge protector with
telephone protection.  The surge protector plugs into the phone line and
the protected end plugs into the splitter.  Works no problem, and the
line connects at 2Mbit.

Can't remember exactly which Belkin surge protector it is.  From what I
can remember it cost about £20 from Trago Mills, has 6 sockets and 2
phone outputs I think.  Never had any problems with them (well, okay,
one did go pop but that was due to the cat going toilet on it!)

Rob