Re: [LUG] Wireless LAN (OT?)

On Monday 07 Nov 2005 00:46, Seth Kneller wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
> > Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Thanks everyone.  I think I have a  idea of what is required and will
> >> visit PC World to look at the Linksys WAP (and anything else).
> >
> > Eek!  By all means have a look at the kit PC World sell, but I would
> > strongly advise against paying their inflated prices!
> >
> > Go to www.ebuyer.com and check out thir wireless networking offers :)
>
> You say that, but my Sister was considering buying a low end HP laser
> printer from PC World recently and so I checked out the Ebuyer price -
> it was more expensive!
>
> It seems PC World are having to learn to become competitive!

It does happen!  I bought some wireless kit there a while ago - cheaper than
Ebuyer - not a lot, but when you consider postage etc as well - it was quite
a bargain.
Likewise, sometimes their ram prices are good.
But most of the time PCW**** are very expensive. But always worth checking
Ebuyer price then trundling to the shops to check :)
Mark