Re: [LUG] networking: DOS client on Windows 2003 TS has extreme slowdowns on database on Debian Sarge server

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 16:45 +0100, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> It is probably oplocks, a variety of lying practiced by certain
> networking products to make them look faster.

Nope, it wasn't that.

Windows Server as an application server to Linux as the fileserver and
doing everything else should be an increaingly common combination, and
running stuff over a terminal server to a Linux client likewise.  I'm
keen to sort this one out.

ANyone hot stuff on analysing activity over Samba/SMB networking links?