Re: [LUG] Help Please - RKHUNTER warning

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 13:26 +0100, David Bell wrote:
> A first run of RKHunter gave me a <Hidden Files -Warning> referring to:
>
> /dev/.udevdb and /dev/.static
>
> Any clues as to what might be wrong?

Hello,

Probably nothing wrong. I too got some warnings on our fredora core 4
systems. You can whitelist these files in the rkhunter.conf file (in my
case located in /usr/local/rkhunter/etc). You'll see entries for
ALLOWHIDDENDIR and ALLOWHIDDENFILE.

Having said that, check that these files/directories *are* valid for
your system. I have no idea what .static is or does.

John.