[LUG] networking: DOS client on Windows 2003 TS has extreme slowdowns on database on Debian Sarge server

I suppose this could be an rdesktop/2003 thing, or even be a weirdness
introduced into DOS sessions under TS, but I suspect it of being
something involving the way Samba in Sarge talks to 2003.

I'm having a look around but has anyone noticed a good rundown on
Samba/2003 networking?

I need to keep something like this running, in order to keep a legacy
app going and it does not appear practical at present to get it running
reliably under Dosemu.