Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

This is a little bit off topic, but I'm wondering if someone might be able to help.

I've recently installed Gentoo 2005.1 AMD64 on my Athlon 64, this wasn't a problem, I slowly got it working from a Stage 1 install.

The problem now, is my PC will not turn on!

I'd like to second the Mobo battery / BIOS reset idea.

Typically if your battery dies the machine will not power up. Often a BIOS reset is still possible and that'll allow you a single boot sequence. If it does, then you know it's worth tracking down another lithium cell.

Last time this happened I nicked the spare I have for one of my red dot sights. Of course the sight failed the same week...

jd

--

John Daragon                                          john@xxxxxxxxxx
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)