Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

John Daragon wrote:

I'd like to second the Mobo battery / BIOS reset idea.

Typically if your battery dies the machine will not power up. Often a BIOS reset is still possible and that'll allow you a single boot sequence. If it does, then you know it's worth tracking down another lithium cell.

Last time this happened I nicked the spare I have for one of my red dot sights. Of course the sight failed the same week...

jd

That didn't work :-(

I'm now looking at the possibility of replacing it. I'm going to get an Athlon 64 3200+ or something along them lines (will definately be AMD). Once I have a replacement and my PC is working again I'll try and get hold of a cheap Socket 754 board and test the chip.

Rob