Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

paul sutton wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

Julian Hall wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

I would check you power cable too, I had a problem a while back put my printer onto the computer, swiched on the computer, got nothing plugged the cable to the printer into the computer, worked ( then plugged the power cable that was in the computer originally in to the printer and that er worked too, I think computers really do have some hidden conscience, and decide that its going to annoy the user today. What it should realise is that i have plenty of screwdrivers around for that dis-assemble mode, or I am sure i can borrow a sledgehammer if it got really bad (well not quite to that extreme). I find having lots of Linux stuff around means windows actually behaves, Not sure why.

Paul

LOL.

Thats an interesting thought, made me laugh :-)

Well, the PC is dead it appears.

I put everything back together, turned the power on, again the CPU fan slightly moves and thats about it.

It looks as though the board IS getting power (hence CPU fan moving), but apart from that I don't get anything.

So... I suppose the next step is to try and borrow another CPU & board from somewhere, or ask someone nicely with a socket 754 board if they can test my chip.

I guess I'm kinda lucky that I still have a Duron 1400 and Celeron D 325 lying around I could possibly use until I can sort it out.

Rob