Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

Rob Beard wrote:

Julian Hall wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

I would check you power cable too, I had a problem a while back put my printer onto the computer, swiched on the computer, got nothing plugged the cable to the printer into the computer, worked ( then plugged the power cable that was in the computer originally in to the printer and that er worked too, I think computers really do have some hidden conscience, and decide that its going to annoy the user today. What it should realise is that i have plenty of screwdrivers around for that dis-assemble mode, or I am sure i can borrow a sledgehammer if it got really bad (well not quite to that extreme). I find having lots of Linux stuff around means windows actually behaves, Not sure why.

Paul

The problem now, is my PC will not turn on!

OK.. "will not turn on".  Do you mean;

a) fails to post
b) nothing on screen
c) no power whatsoever

If a) then possibly swapping memory, graphics card, CPU, etc may give
some joy.
If b) then could be a stuffed graphics card or even possibly monitor lead.
If c) you're *probably* looking at a new PSU.

Having said that, today I swapped the USB connections on my case for
front USB - lo and behold the little *bleep* wouldn't power up.
Turned out that it was having a sulk because we got impatient waiting
for the fans to power down and just turned it off after the OS closed
down.  A few tries later the PSU decided to behave itself.  Working
fine now.

Cheers,

Julian
It's C - no power whatsoever, well, it doesn't appear so.

I'm rebuilding the PC now, hopefully it will work okay afterwards.

Rob