Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

Julian Hall wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

The problem now, is my PC will not turn on!

OK.. "will not turn on".  Do you mean;

a) fails to post
b) nothing on screen
c) no power whatsoever

If a) then possibly swapping memory, graphics card, CPU, etc may give
some joy.
If b) then could be a stuffed graphics card or even possibly monitor lead.
If c) you're *probably* looking at a new PSU.

Having said that, today I swapped the USB connections on my case for
front USB - lo and behold the little *bleep* wouldn't power up.
Turned out that it was having a sulk because we got impatient waiting
for the fans to power down and just turned it off after the OS closed
down.  A few tries later the PSU decided to behave itself.  Working
fine now.

Cheers,

Julian
It's C - no power whatsoever, well, it doesn't appear so.

I'm rebuilding the PC now, hopefully it will work okay afterwards.

Rob