Re: [LUG] Fedora Boot Disk

Neil Williams wrote:

> I don't use Grub (with lilo it's just a case of checking the /etc/lilo.conf to
> make sure the Windows settings are there and running lilo as root).

GRUB reads its config file straight from the Linux (or other) file
system, so you just edit the file (or let the Debian config tools do it
for you), and grub finds the changes. No having to remember to run an
extra command.

However if GRUB isn't working it is a bit fiddly to reinstall the
relevant stuff needed for booting, especially given it uses a different
naming convention for disks and such like.

 Simon, about to revisit all this because of wanting to make a mirrored
boot disk, and thinking of returning to LILO because it "just does"
mirroring, where as GRUB wants me to tell it to install itself on both
disks.