Re: [LUG] Fedora Boot Disk

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 10:44 am, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> I have lent my Installation CDs out, but will have them back, probably this
> evening.

Once you get the CD's back it's simple - there's a rescue mode when you boot
from the first CD. GNU/Linux does respect the Windows version but not
vice-versa. Anytime you install Windows you will need a GNU/Linux CD for your
distro or some other boot method for that distro.

In the meantime, there's a good chance there is a rescue boot image on the
website for the distro concerned. It could be floppy (unlikely nowadays) or
CD or if you have a large enough USB stick you could use that.

It's only the rescue image / first installation CD image that you'd need.

--

Neil Williams