Re: [LUG] Fedora Boot Disk

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 3:42 pm, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 Sep 2005 12:25, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Once you get the CD's back it's simple
>
> Hi Neil
>
> I dont think its simple!  I have booted of my old Fedora 2 disks (to see
> how it works)

Not ideal . . .

> , run rescue, and can navigate to all my old stuff.  I am not
> sure what to do now.

Which boot loader are you using in FC3? Grub? Lilo? You simply need to be able
to access the root directory of your Linux installation, su to root and then
use the program to reinitialise the MBR, including any new Windows settings.

I don't use Grub (with lilo it's just a case of checking the /etc/lilo.conf to
make sure the Windows settings are there and running lilo as root).

Check man grub for how to set the boot load sequence.

--

Neil Williams