Re: [LUG] Arghgh! Apt-get issues again!

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:52:07 +0100
Adrian Midgley wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 13:24 +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
>
> > I don't run Evolution much (only really installed it to play around and try
> > the Exchange connector thingy)
>
> What did you conclude about that, please?

Couldn't get it to work, but my guess is that this is because of the College's setup
rather than mine.  They allow OWA (Outlook Web Access) from the Internet but not
direct Exchange access.  If I had been bothered, I could have tried using Evolution
+ Connector from within their LAN, but I found it easier to just use OWA.  Having
said that, the College are currently having a bit of a networking overhaul, so I
might ask for VPN access once things have settled down and then try again with
Connector.  Ideally I would like some other application to use Connector rather than
Evolution.

> I've been shown Firefox working to Exchange web thingy, which seems
> effective, but have not yet got Evo 2 on a machine with a view of the
> Exchange server.
>
> Worth while?

I suppose it would be worth your while if you like the way Outlook and Evolution
operate.

Grant.
--
Unix:  Some say the learning curve is steep, but you only have to climb it once.