Re: [LUG] Arghgh! Apt-get issues again!

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 12:03 pm, Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Debian Sid, upgrade issues again.

Generally what I do here is work with each affected package individually if
apt-get -f doesn't work.

That's the thing with Sid - it's unstable, apt's famous reliability is honed
by bugreports from unstable.

Check for a bug report on X11-common and see if there's a recommended
solution:

> As you can see, it doesn't appear to have worked.  I am stumped.

Solutions:
1. Use reportbug - it's a very important part of life with Sid.
2. Do what you can to solve problems individually.
3. If you really can't live with Sid, there's always testing (now Etch).

--

Neil Williams