Re: [LUG] Building a PC - suggestions please...

Simon Robert wrote:

Hi

I would like to build a PC.

Hi Simon,

I would agree with Jeremy's comments re the purpose you intend to put the PC to. However as regards sourcing the components I would suggest www.ebuyer.com as your first port of call. Very low prices, good quality and reliable service. I've used them for over a year and I know at least one friend who puts in at least one order a month and has not had any problems with their service.

Re games use (if that is the intention), I'm not so convinced of the need to splash half your budget on a graphics card. I use a Geforce FX5200 256Mb card and it runs sweet as a nut, even played Doom 3 without a hitch (which seems to be the current yardstick for games performance). Remember that anything over 15 frames a second is lost as the human eye can't detect much (if anything) above that, so why drop £200 on a massive card that hits 50-70fps?

Kind regards,

Julian