Re: [LUG] Building a PC - suggestions please...

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 11:02 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:

> performance).  Remember that anything over 15 frames a second is lost as
> the human eye can't detect much (if anything) above that, so why drop
> £200 on a massive card that hits 50-70fps?

I'd call 20 or perhaps 24 the point where the diminishing returns become
sharply diminishing returns.

15 is more like the critical flicker fusion frequency, where you start
to see it as proper motion rather than serial pictures.

(I think we are learning to see serial pictures as motion, better than
we used to, but it is acculturation rather than optical/retinal/brain
processing.