Re: [LUG] Forwarding from one web server to another...

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:41:43 +0100
Robin Cornelius wrote:

> While it is possible to get apache to rewrite any http address using simple
> rules as shown by :-
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>             <Location />
>             RewriteEngine on
>             RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !^on$ [NC]
>             RewriteRule . https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L]
>             </Location>
>         </IfModule>
>
> which rewrites any incomming connection on http://myserver.com to
> https://myserver.com you are also require a sort of port forwarding
> masquarding afair.
>
> What about virtual domains?
>
> So that thymox.dyndns.org points to one website and thymox1.dyndns.org points
> to another on the same server with same ip address using the same ports.
>
> You can have as many variations and different websites as you like this way .

That sounds like a more plausible idea... however, would I still be able to forward
to another machine using virtual domains?  Or would it be easier to have the webmail
frontend running on the webserver, but connecting to the mail server for all it's
functions?  What I am aiming to do is have a single point at which I can access any
of my myriad of email accounts whilst I am not at home.  It is quite annoying not
being able to send/reply to the LUG/XFree/LPI list whilst at work; my list email
addresses are aliases, so I can't use mail2web for it.

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.